Dr Kass has been a consultant for the European Space Agency (ESA) at their technical and scientific establishment in the Netherlands, ESTEC (European Space Research & Technology Centre), since more than 10 years. In fact, he has worked directly and indirectly with ESA (see industrial and academic experience) work since more than 30 years.
2013 ESA’s Department of Human Resources
- Senior Advisor to Head of Human Resources.
- Preparation of 2nd International Workshop on Lessons Learned in Programme/Project Management.
2011 – 2012 Directorate of Technical & Quality Management, Product Assurance and Safety Department, Knowledge Management Office (2011)/ Requirements, Standards and Engineering Knowledge Division (2012)
- Knowledge Management Engineer (designed ELLS database with embedded process; Created LL Events website; member of ESA Knowledge Management WG).
- Secretary of the ESA Lessons Learned System (ELLS), Lessons Learned (LL) Events.
2010 Directorate of Technical & Quality Management, Dept of the Inspector General, Knowledge Management Office
- Knowledge Management Engineer; Data Bases Survey responsible.
2009 – 2010 Directorate of Telecommunications & Integrated Applications
- Awareness Manager for Integrated Applications Promotion (IAP) Programme, reporting to division head
- Created Integrated Applications Promotion (IAP) programme website
- Prepared plans for IAP Ambassador Platforms and Community Portals
2007 – 2008 Inter-Directorate Task Force (Office of Special Advisor to the DG)
- Reporting to head of Task Force, realization and implementation of new IAP initiative
- Organisation of workshops and marketing for the new IAP initiative
- Creation of Space-4-Health inter-directorate website of health activities at ESA
2000 – 2008 Directorate of Human Spaceflight
- 2005 – 2008: ISS business development, partnership projects, marketing, promotion
- 2003 – 2005: Telemedicine & eHealth – in the frame of the Telemedicine Alliance (ESA-WHO-ITU, EC)
- 2000 – 2003: Flight Safety and Testing, Crew Training, Ground & Flight Operations (Biopack on STS-107)